By the way, I’m not blogging about Aaron

Aaron, our son, is biking again (see recent post). This time, he has a smart phone and plans to blog. I recommend reading his blog, of course. He has a unique voice and is a deep thinker. You won’t, however, find out exactly where he’s been or what he’s been doing. He shares his observations and insights about some of the people and places he visits. But he isn’t very specific about it; that’s not his style. If you’re a Facebook user, look him up if you want to see some photos.

Even though I won’t be responsible for the actual blog posts of the trip this time, I can’t help but chime in once in awhile.
gili
He spent a few days in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and posted more photos then I’ve seen him post in a very long time. I’ve re-posted a few here to give a flavor for his time there.

alligators at play

I know that Aaron’s family and friends would like to know where he’s been staying. Here’s a bit about the places I know so far: he stayed at a hostel right downtown in New Orleans for four nights and loved it; and he has stayed at people’s homes several times (as part of the warmshowers program that we participate in) since the weather has been so crazy cold. All of the warmshowers places have been in Louisiana: River Ridge, near Franklin, New Iberia, and Lafayette. He’s only used his tent for one night so far, staying at an RV park in Houma, LA. Tonight, he is staying at the Blue Moon Saloon and Guesthouse. Sounds like his kind of place.
Cajun Paradise