Conference Time

Earlier this month, there were two different conferences in my life: parent-teacher conferences and MACUL (Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning).

Actually, numbers were down at parent-teacher conferences. I met with less than half of my students’ parents. I did, however, meet with more of the parents I really needed to talk with than I have in a long time.

I went to MACUL on Thursday and Friday (3/11 and 12) as part of the MI Champions team from MacDonald Middle School. Jackie Dorcy, Amber Slocum, and Sarah Walsh also went to Grand Rapids to attend the conference (we missed one session of parent-teacher conferences to do it, but we also came back on Thursday night to meet parents). We spent some of the time together at MACUL and some apart; that allowed us to have some shared vision and some individual issues to share later. Here’s a link to our notes on MACUL

I’m looking forward to the MI Champions work. I’ve been looking for a way to promote technology at my building. It makes sense to “champion” it with a team. We will develop a couple lesson plans together and we’ll talk them up at MacDonald. I hope to also use some of what I learn to share with RCWP folks.