My mind is Wired lately

Well, I’ve been reading my Wired magazine. The February 2008 issue has a short, interesting article and visual called “The Secret Life of a Blog Post.” Frank Rose shares the various directions a blog post (maybe this blog post) goes when a blogger clicks the Publish button.

Between Ping Servers (I’ve only been pinged once; I guess someone was focusing on the word “Armenia” a couple weeks ago and now I’m not a virgin blogger…once pinged, you can’t go back, you know), Search Engines, Data Miners, Text Scrapers, and Ad Servers, I was introduced to a whole underground I never knew existed.

The little kid in me is itching to test the blogoshere-web-underground nation (yes, I made that up). I’m wondering if I start using more buzz words in my blog, I may be pinged more and aggregated up the wazoo. It’s just a theory, and I’m not usually one to look for attention, but here it goes…

I was thinking of bringing up our lovely President (Bush) at our Super Bowl party this weekend. Now I haven’t been particularly pleased with our instigation/involvement/prolonging of the war in Iraq, but I also haven’t been very vocal about it at family functions. If I was to push a few Republican buttons in a Colbert Nation manner, I wonder if that would be a fumble or a touchdown, so to speak. During a Bud commercial, I could set out some Bush Impeach-mints for the improved breath of my family and friends or wear my Dumb and Dumber button with the Bush duo on it…just to see where that goes. I could whip out my Hillary and Bill t-shirt from their old lawyer days or serve a little side dish of “wouldn’t a Black President be more representative of the American populace” before dessert. Then again, that may be more than needed on any given Sunday…like this one.

There. By my count, I splashed at least ten good buzz words in that completely made-up paragraph. It’s time to send my test-baby out into the wide, wide, wide world of blogging. I’ll let you know if I get any reaction (I’m sending it without tags to see what happens).